Aging isn’t for wimps, it’s a tough, unrelenting business. As your collagen supply diminishes with age, things sag, volume drops, and wrinkles form. While wrinkles may be fine on elephants, they don’t belong on your face. So, don’t take the effects of aging lying down. Take the fight to it with Radiesse volumizing filler.
You’ve probably heard of Juvéderm, Restylane and Botox. But you may not know about Radiesse. Radiesse is a long-lasting popular option for our AesthetiSpa patients with smile and marionette lines, and other problems resulting from volume loss.
How does Radiesse work?
While fillers such as Juvéderm are hyaluronic acid fillers (where hyaluronic acid binds with water molecules to plump and hydrate the skin), Radiesse is different. It is comprised of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier.
Radiesse works two ways. First the aqueous gel instantly fills the area when injected beneath a crease or wrinkle. But that’s only the first part of its function. The hydroxylapatite microspheres stimulate the body to produce new collagen in the injection area. This occurs in the weeks following your injection and the results last for a year or more. So, while most fillers lose their function once the body absorbs them, Radiesse, because it initiates the building of new collagen, continues to show its effects even after the microspheres and gel are absorbed.
What does it work on?
Radiesse is a volumizing filler, meaning it is effective for replacing volume and for deeper wrinkles such as those around the mouth. Here are the areas that we use Radiesse at AesthetiSpa:
- Smile lines — Also known as nasolabial folds, these lines run from the nose down to the corners of the mouth. They are the result of decreasing facial volume and skin elasticity that comes with aging.
- Marionette lines — While these lines may be necessary for ventriloquist dummies, they’re not good for you. These lines run straight downward from the corners of the mouth and can make you look unhappy. These also result from decreasing volume.
- Corners of the mouth — Also known as oral commissures, the corners of your mouth can turn downward as you age and lose volume below the mouth. This phenomenon can make you look as if you’re frowning or mad.
- Pre-jowl area — The areas on each side of the chin, the pre-jowl sulcus, can hollow out due to sagging in other areas of the lower face.
- Chin wrinkles — Chin wrinkles form horizontally across the chin and can be distracting to a person talking to you. Volume loss in the lower face again is the culprit.
Interested in addressing the list above? Call the team at AesthetiSpa, (843) 849-9925, and ask about Radiesse.