What Is Restylane®?
The Restylane® family of dermal fillers offer clear gel formulations of hyaluronic acid specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid helping to instantly and visibly make a difference. Restylane® products are the most extensively studied and documented hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in the world with studies supporting its safety and efficacy. The Restylane® family of products include Restylane-L, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Kysse, Restylane® Lyft, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne. Each is designed for a specific purpose.
Over time your skin begins to change as a result of the natural aging process, exposure to the sun, lifestyle and environmental factors. Our skin becomes thinner and we experience loss of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid – our skin loses that plump, smooth look it once had.
How Does Restylane® Work?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring element in our skin that supports that look of fullness and elasticity. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers injected into the skin provide natural-looking results by adding lift and volume to the tissue and help smooth away the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and folds.
Which Restylane® Filler Is Right For Me?
From fine lines and wrinkles to moderate to severe folds – whatever your need, there is a Restylane® product for you!
- Restylane-L® – Restylane-®L (Restylane with Lidocaine) can add volume and fullness to correct moderate to severe wrinkles in the nasolabial folds, marionette lines and corners of the mouth. It may also be used for lip enhancement.
- Restylane® Silk – Restylane® Silk is the first FDA approved product designed for lip enhancement for silkier, smoother, natural looking lips and correcting lines around the mouth.
- Restylane® Lyft– Restylane® Lyft is approved by the FDA and indicated to provide fullness and correct wrinkles. It is specifically designed to add fullness to cheeks, midface area and the backs of hands.
- Restylane® Refyne and Defyne – Restylane® Refyne and Defyne are specifically created for flexibility and to allow movement of the tissue to maintain natural facial expressions. They are both formulated with XpresHAn Technology, allowing these fillers to move with your muscle movement and designed to soften and fill. Restylane® Refyne and Defyne can be used to smooth out and fill nasolabial folds, smile lines, marionette lines and corners of the mouth
- Restylane® Kysse – formulated with XpresHAn Technology, this newest Restylane filler just FDA approved in April 2020 is designed to add soft and subtle volume to the lips and help smooth wrinkles around the mouth.
Restylane® Lyft For Hand Rejuvenation
Restylane® Lyft offers a solution for wrinkled, crepe-y and loose skinned hands. While your face may look ten years younger than you are, your hands are giving you away. Restylane® Lyft is an FDA-approved dermal filler that restores lost volume to the back of the hands. If you are tired of looking at your aged hands, consider Lyft as a solution.
What To Avoid Before Restylane® Treatment
Prior to treatment, a few precautions will yield better results. Avoid using St. John’s Wart, high doses of Vitamin E supplements, aspirin, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications for 5 days prior to treatment as they may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection sire. If you have a history of cold sores, please discuss this with your provider. An antiviral may be prescribed to prevent recurrences.
How Is Restylane® Applied?
After a complimentary consultation and review of your medical history, the appropriate Restylane® dermal filler will be determined. Once chosen, a topical numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area for approximately 10 minutes. Lips are a highly sensitive treatment area, so your provider can perform a dental block if you prefer. The dermal filler is then injected into the skin in small amounts using a very fine needle, followed by ice to soothe the area and minimize swelling.
Restylane® Recovery Process
Redness, bruising, tenderness and some swelling may occur around the injection site. These are typically mild and normally last less than 7 – 14 days, depending on the area treated.
How Long Do Restylane® Results Last?
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers may last anywhere from 6 months to 1 year depending on the Restylane® product used, the area treated and how quickly your body metabolizes the product.