What Is Restylane®?
The Restylane® family of dermal fillers offer clear gel formulations of hyaluronic acid specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid helping to instantly and visibly make a difference. Restylane® products are the most extensively studied and documented hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in the world with studies supporting its safety and efficacy. The Restylane® family of products include Restylane-L, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Kysse, Restylane® Lyft, Restylane® Refyne, Restylane® Defyne, and Restylane® Contour. Each is designed for a specific purpose.
Over time your skin begins to change as a result of the natural aging process, exposure to the sun, lifestyle and environmental factors. Our skin becomes thinner and we experience loss of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid – our skin loses that plump, smooth look it once had.
How Does Restylane® Work?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring element in our skin that supports that look of fullness and elasticity. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers injected into the skin provide natural-looking results by adding lift and volume to the tissue and help smooth away the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and folds.
Which Restylane® Filler Is Right For Me?
From fine lines and wrinkles to moderate to severe folds – whatever your need, there is a Restylane® product for you!
- Restylane-L® – Restylane-®L (Restylane with Lidocaine) can add volume and fullness to correct moderate to severe wrinkles in the nasolabial folds, marionette lines and corners of the mouth. It may also be used for lip enhancement.
- Restylane® Silk – Restylane® Silk is the first FDA approved product designed for lip enhancement for silkier, smoother, natural looking lips and correcting lines around the mouth.
- Restylane® Lyft– Restylane® Lyft is approved by the FDA and indicated to provide fullness and correct wrinkles. It is specifically designed to add fullness to cheeks, midface area and the backs of hands.
- Restylane® Refyne and Defyne – Restylane® Refyne and Defyne are specifically created for flexibility and to allow movement of the tissue to maintain natural facial expressions. They are both formulated with XpresHAn Technology, allowing these fillers to move with your muscle movement, and are designed to soften and fill. Restylane® Refyne and Defyne can be used to smooth out and fill nasolabial folds, smile lines, marionette lines, and corners of the mouth
- Restylane® Kysse – formulated with XpresHAn Technology and FDA-approved in April 2020, this Restylane filler is designed to add soft and subtle volume to the lips and help smooth wrinkles around the mouth
- Restylane® Contour- FDA approved in July 2021, this is the only cheek filler with XpresHAn Technology to restore the natural contour to the cheeks, move with every expression, and refresh the look of the midface
- Restylane® Eyelight- Restylane-L has new FDA approval for use in depressed, sunken, or hollow areas under the eyes to help people look more refreshed while maintaining a natural look and feel
Who Is a Candidate for Restylane®?
Ideal candidates for Restylane® are patients who have moderate to severe wrinkles, fine lines, or folds on the face. If you are also lacking volume in any area of the face, such as the cheeks or lips, you can also benefit from Restylane® injections. Most patients who are in overall good health who are non-smokers are great candidates for this treatment.
However, if you suffer from severe allergies or have sensitivities to the ingredients in fillers, this treatment may not be right for you.
Restylane® Lyft For Hand Rejuvenation
Restylane® Lyft offers a solution for wrinkled, crepe-y and loose skinned hands. While your face may look ten years younger than you are, your hands are giving you away. Restylane® Lyft is an FDA-approved dermal filler that restores lost volume to the back of the hands. If you are tired of looking at your aged hands, consider Lyft as a solution.
What Do I Avoid Before Restylane® Treatment?
Prior to treatment, a few precautions will yield better results. Avoid using St. John’s Wart, high doses of Vitamin E supplements, aspirin, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications for 5 days prior to treatment as they may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection sire. If you have a history of cold sores, please discuss this with your provider. An antiviral may be prescribed to prevent recurrences.
What People Say About Us!
Everyone there is very kind and attentive. Jennifer always takes the time to listen to my concerns, educate me, and then take the best course of action to keep my skin looking young.
Click here to read more reviews.
How Is Restylane® Applied?
After a complimentary consultation and review of your medical history, the appropriate Restylane® dermal filler will be determined. Once chosen, a topical numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area for approximately 10 minutes. Lips are a highly sensitive treatment area, so your provider can perform a dental block if you prefer. The dermal filler is then injected into the skin in small amounts using a very fine needle, followed by ice to soothe the area and minimize swelling.
What Is The Recovery After Restylane® Injection?
Redness, bruising, tenderness and some swelling may occur around the injection site. These are typically mild and normally last less than 7 – 14 days, depending on the area treated.
Restylane - Before & After
How Long Do Restylane® Results Last?
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers may last anywhere from 6 months to 1 year depending on the Restylane® product used, the area treated and how quickly your body metabolizes the product.
How Often Will I Need Restylane® Treatment?
Although Restylane® injections are made to last up to one year with the proper care, patients may seek out follow-up treatment every six months to maintain their desired look. The frequency of your Restylane® treatment will depend on your preference for how often you want to maintain the appearance of wrinkles or volume on your face. Some patients prefer to allow all their filler to disappear before heading into a follow-up treatment, while other patients have treatment every three to six months to avoid any alterations to the appearance of their face.
How Can I Make My Restylane® Treatment Last Longer?
While Restylane® is already designed to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles on your face, there are a few things patients can do to prevent their injections from fading quickly. These practices include:
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and always wear sunscreen to protect your skin from UV light and sun damage.
- Invest in a good skin routine that includes cleaning and hydrating the skin.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Stay hydrated.
- Eliminate anything in your life that can cause prolonged stress.
- Stick to a manageable exercise routine to avoid gaining or losing a significant amount of weight. This may alter the appearance of your face.
What Are The Benefits of Restylane®?
Restylane® allows patients to not only get rid of wrinkles and fine lines but also achieve a younger, more radiant overall facial look. For patients lacking volume in their cheeks, under eyes, or lips, Restylane® can fill those hollow spaces, creating a fuller, more proportionally balanced face. In addition to correcting facial imperfections, the results from Restylane® injections can also have a huge impact on the self-confidence of patients. At AesthetiSpa Cosmetic Skin & Laser Center, we are happy to provide high-quality treatment to help patients achieve the aesthetics they have always wanted.