We all know light emitting diodes, although most of us don’t know a diode from a diaphragm. We know they’re cutting our electric bills in our lights in our homes. We know they make the largest TV this side of a stadium scoreboard amazingly light and brilliant.
And if you read this month’s first AesthetiSpa blog, you know we now offer LED treatments for skin rejuvenation, acne breakout prevention, and pain management with Celluma.
In October’s second blog, let’s get into how Celluma helps our patients with skin and other issues.
What skin conditions does Celluma improve?
Celluma delivers its high-intensity LED light therapy to:
- Smooth skin texture
- Improve skin firmness
- Increase lymphatic system activity
- Restore the skin’s natural cellular activity
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and superficial hyperpigmentation
How does Celluma work for anti-aging?
The light wavelengths delivered by Celluma are proven to stimulate fibroblasts in the skin to increase the production of collagen and elastin. For anti-aging, Celluma:
- Increases collagen and elastin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the skin’s firmness and resilience
How does Celluma improve acne breakouts?
For acne, Celluma follows the treatment path of IPL energy by going after the bacteria that is behind the inflammation in the sebaceous glands that causes an acne breakout. Celluma:
- Destroys P.acnes bacteria in the sebaceous glands
- Improves existing blemishes
- Prevents future breakouts
- Clears existing breakouts
- Restores the skin’s healthy radiance
- Improves skin texture
How does Celluma work to decrease pain?
The LED energy in Celluma has been proven to relieve arthritic pain, and muscle and joint pain and stiffness. The wavelengths delivered by this LED energy are absorbed by photoacceptors in the mitochondria in the cells. This process increases the production of adenosine triphosphate, which is the fuel that drives all cells. For pain, Celluma:
- Helps repair tissue
- Decreases inflammation and pain
- Reduces stiffness
- Reduces muscle spasms