Women sometimes envy men because they exfoliate their skin every morning by shaving. But you don’t have to drag a sharp blade across your skin to get that. At AesthetiSpa, we offer chemical peels to exfoliate your skin. Chemical peels remove dead skin, revealing new, smoother, younger-looking skin beneath.
What can you treat with a chemical peel?
Chemical peels are usually done on the face, but they can also be used on the neck and the backs of the hands. They are a good ongoing skin maintenance procedure at AesthetiSpa.
Here are the skin issues they can address:
- Lessen the appearance of wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Treat certain types of acne
- Minimize fine lines, especially those under the eyes and on the corners of the mouth
- Reduce the appearance of freckles, age spots, and melasma
- Improve the overall appearance of the skin
Types of chemical peels
It can sound harsh but the goal of all chemical peels is to destroy certain parts of the skin to encourage the growth of new skin cells. With more than superficial peels, there is noticeable skin peeling that lasts from a day to two weeks. The duration depends on the penetration and type of the chemicals used in the peel.
- Superficial peels — These are mild peels usually done with acids derived from fruits, called glycolic acids. Superficial peels may have some light peeling over the next day or two, but nothing extreme. Superficial peels can be done as often as you like.
- Medium peels — These peels usually involve trichloroacetic acid. They penetrate more deeply into the skin, causing a second-degree burn on the skin. There will be peeling and crusting with medium peels as the skin begins the process of rebuilding. Minimum chemical peels can be done quarterly.
If you’re interested in addressing the skin issues mentioned above, call us at AesthetiSpa, 843-849-9925, and let’s talk chemical peels.