From portable speakers on golf carts playing somewhat dubious “classic rock” for all to hear to neighbors blaring their portable Sonos speakers on their patio, sometimes the last thing we need these days is more volume.
Except if we’re talking about our aging skin. There, thanks to the endless decline in collagen production, we all lose volume under our skin that allows the formation of lines and wrinkles and sunken areas such as our cheeks.
At AesthetiSpa, we want to pump up that volume. We carry the complete line of Restylane dermal fillers to target just about anywhere on your face, and even the backs of your hands. Each filler returns volume to erase creases or plump areas that have flattened.
What are the various Restylane products and where are they used?
Originally, Restylane® was a single filler. Over the years, an entire family of Restylane® fillers has been developed, each targeted to a specific area of the face. At AesthetiSpa, we offer the entire Restylane® line. Here are the descriptions of each Restylane® product, what types of wrinkles they target, and how long you can expect them to last.
- Restylane® — This was the flagship product, the first dermal filler. It remains very popular around the world. It targets marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles by adding volume beneath the wrinkle or crease and pushing the surface skin upward. Its results last from 6-9 months.
- Restylane® Silk — Restylane® Silk is FDA approved specifically for the lips. It is used for subtle lip enhancement and for the correction of vertical lip lines. It provides results for around six months.
- Restylane® Lyft — Restylane® Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and corrects smile lines. Lyft also can be used to replace volume loss on the hands (see section below). Results last from one year to 18 months.
- Restylane® Refyne —Restylane® Refyne was approved by the FDA in December 2016. This addition to the Restylane® line (along with Defyne, see below) is used to correct smile (marionette) lines and nasolabial folds. Refyne is specifically formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles. Galderma has cross-linked the gel in Restylane® Refyne and Defyne to help support the patient’s natural expressions — for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, or otherwise moving your mouth.
- Restylane® Defyne – Approved along with Refyne, Defyne also specifically targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The difference is that Defyne is designed for use on moderate to severe creases and lines. Both Refyne and Defyne provide results that last up to one year.
- Restylane® Kysse – formulated with XpresHAn Technology and FDA approved in April 2020, this Restylane filler is designed to add soft and subtle volume to the lips and help smooth wrinkles around the mouth.
- Restylane® Contour- as the newest of the Restylane fillers just FDA approved in July 2021, this is the only cheek filler with XpresHAn Technology to restore the natural contour to the cheeks, move with every expression, and refresh the look of the midface.
Ready for some welcome increase in volume? Call us at AesthetiSpa, (843) 849-9925, and let’s match your skin volume issues with the perfect Restylane® filler.