Who would think that creating little tiny holes in the skin would be a good idea? It’s called “microneedling,” and it can make a big difference in how your skin looks. Read on for some more information about this procedure and what it can do for you!
What Happens During Microneedling?
In microneedling, very fine needles are used to create “microinjuries” in the skin. This stimulates collagen and elastin (two proteins that are essential for beautiful skin) to grow, and it also creates little channels. Skin care products can be introduced into these channels to treat skin problems and boost its appearance even more.
Here are some other things you should know about microneedling:
- It can treat a variety of problems. Microneedling not only helps skin to look healthy and smooth, but it can also treat issues such as acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, and other blemishes.
- You can have it done even if you are scared of needles. The very fine needles used in microneedling are much different than needles used to draw blood or give an injection. They are very tiny. They are all housed in one cartridge, which glides against the skin. The feeling has been compared to that of light sandpaper moving across the skin.
- It’s not just for the face. You can have microneedling done on the back, legs, abdomen, neck, chest, arms, and hands as well.
- It won’t take long to see results. Within several days, you’ll start to notice an improvement in any blemishes as well as smoother skin. You’ll continue to see improvement for about 6 months as more collagen and elastin are produced.
- There is no downtime needed. You can get right back to most of your regular activities after microneedling. However, you should avoid anything that might make you sweat too much and exposure to the sun. You should also avoid using any products with retinol, acidic ingredients, or glycolic acid for about 3 days after your procedure.
Are you considering a microneedling treatment? Contact AesthetiSpa Cosmetic Skin & Laser Center in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Call (843) 849-9925 for an appointment today!