You may not know this, but Restylane® was the original dermal filler. That’s right; it was the first dermal filler approved by the FDA, way back in 2006. Almost 13 years later, there are two powerhouse names in the dermal filler world, Restylane® and Juvederm®. Both fillers started with just a single product, but have been on an expansion craze ever since.
We offer the complete Restylane® line at AesthetiSpa. Here’s a little information about the individual Restylane® products and what they are intended to address.
If you’re bopping around our AesthetiSpa website, you’re probably familiar with one of the hottest terms in the aesthetic world — hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for plumping and firming the skin. It does this by binding with nearby water molecules. Because it is made from hyaluronic acid, Restylane® (and Juvederm) is designated as a “natural” filler. Other fillers such as Radiesse (which we also carry) are “synthetic” fillers.
Here are the various Restylane® fillers
The Restylane® has continued to expand, with different products targeted to different specific issues with facial volume.
- Restylane® — This was the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler, and is still very popular across the globe. It targets marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles by adding volume beneath the wrinkle or crease and pushing the surface skin upward. Its results last from 6-9 months.
- Restylane-L® — Restylane-L is basically Restylane® with Lidocaine added for comfort.
- Restylane®Silk — Restylane® Silk is an alternative to Juvederm Volbella. It is used for subtle lip enhancement and for the correction of vertical lip lines. It provides results for around six months.
- Restylane®Lyft — Restylane® Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and corrects smile lines. It is an alternative to Juvederm® Results last from one year to 18 months.
- Restylane®Refyne —Restylane® Refyne was approved by the FDA in December 2016. This new addition to the Restylane® line (along with Defyne, see below) is used to correct smile (marionette) lines and nasolabial folds. Refyne is specifically formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles. Galderma has cross-linked the gel in Restylane® Refyne and Defyne to help support the patient’s natural expressions — for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, or otherwise moving your mouth.
- Restylane®Defyne – approved along with Refyne, Defyne also specifically targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The difference is that Defyne is designed for use on moderate to severe creases and lines. Both Refyne and Defyne provide results that last up to one year.
Now you know the entire Restylane family. It may not be as big as your Uncle Jim’s family over in Moncks Corner, but they don’t fix your volume problems, either. Call us at 843-849-9925 to make your Restylane appointment.