Skin Rejuvenation – Fraxel DUAL Laser
Fraxel is the original fractional laser treatment that works below the skin’s surface from the top down addressing imperfections like fine lines, visible photo aging, wrinkles, scarring, and age spots. Fraxel light energy stimulates your skin’s natural collagen, rejuvenating skin cells below the surface to help smooth the creases and pockets that cause wrinkles and scars. Fraxel is proven laser technology that can help reverse the visible effects of aging, naturally helping you look as young as you feel.
Fraxel DUAL Laser – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does a Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment work?
Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 laser treatment targets aging and sun-damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into your skin to expedite your body’s remodeling of collagen. And since the laser treats only a fraction of tissue at a time, it leaves the surrounding tissue intact, which promotes very rapid healing. Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment resurfaces your skin by stimulating the growth of new, healthy skin cells from the inside out.
2. What conditions can Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treat?
Fraxel is effective on:
- Fine lines and wrinkles – like crow’s feet and brow lines
- Surface scarring – erasing effects of acne and other scarring
- Pigmentation – minimizing the appearance of age spots
- Sun damage – helping heal skin damage
- Actinic keratosis (AK) – a common pre-cancerous skin condition
3. What precautions should you take after a Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment?
Wear sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher, avoid direct sun exposure for at least 3 months after your last treatment, and wear a wide-brimmed hat when you’re in the sun.
4. How long do the positive effects of Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatments last?
It depends on your particular condition and how you care for your skin. Once your skin is treated, continue to protect it as described above. Your provider will give you specific advice based on your individual needs.
5. What side effects can you expect after a Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment and how long will they last?
Swelling and redness are the most common side effects from a Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment. Any swelling is minimal and subsides within a day or two, and any redness typically fades within a few days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, acne breakouts, and a bronzed skin appearance. There is a limited risk of infection, hyperpigmentation, or scarring. The intensity and duration of side effects depend on the aggressiveness of a treatment and on your particular healing characteristics. Your provider will provide specific instructions about what to expect and how to minimize any side effects.
6. What should you expect after a Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment?
During the first 24 hours after a treatment, your skin may feel as though it is sunburned, and it will appear pink or red. You can wear make-up to reduce the sunburned appearance. Your skin will naturally bronze over the next week or two, and as you continue treatment, the sunburned to bronzed appearance will repeat. As with a sunburn, your skin will flake and exfoliate normally. Use a moisturizer to reduce the appearance of dry flakes.
7. Does a Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment hurt?
Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment. To minimize discomfort, topical anesthesia is applied before the procedure and cold air is used on the treatment area during the procedure. After the treatment, most patients feel like they have a sunburn, which usually diminishes in 1 to 3 hours.
8. How many Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatments will I need and how will they be spaced?
Clinical studies suggest that on average, an effective treatment regimen is 3 to 5 sessions spaced about 2 to 4 weeks apart. Depending on your condition and schedule, you and the provider may choose to space treatment sessions further apart. Results are immediate and progressive, with optimal improvement usually visible in 2 to 3 months. This time frame and treatment structure allow for complete healing and the production of new collagen and elastin to replace damaged tissue.
9. How are Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatments performed?
First, your skin will be cleansed. Then, about 60 minutes prior to the treatment, a topical anesthetic ointment will be applied to the treatment area. The Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 procedure takes 20 to 25 minutes for a full face.
10. What FDA clearances has Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatment received?
- Wrinkles around the eyes (periorbital wrinkles)
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Age spots/sunspots (pigmented lesions)
- Melasma (irregular patches of brown skin on the forehead, cheeks, upper lip, and nose)
- Actinic Keratoses (precancerous lesions)
- Skin resurfacing
11. What the benefits of Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 treatments?
Smoother, fresher, younger-looking skin
Improved tone and texture
Erasing of unwanted brown spots
Reduced fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars